Monday, September 01, 2008

New Nest

The move to Vancouver was a success. I was a bit worried about ferries and traffic, as both are legendaryly awful. The ferries in particular have been having a time of it, last weekend one was out of commission, and there were four sailing waits. My friends Jeff and Kim drove me over- Kim has a truck, which sure came in handy. We caught the 8:00 ferry with no problem, and the traffic was not an issue in Vancouver, so we were here by ten thirty.

The school, the Vancouver School of Theology, is at UBC, tucked away at the north end. It's not really it's own campus, more a grouping of three or four buildings. The main building is called the castle, and, well, it looks like a castle. It's an old United Church building. VST is an amalgamation of several denominational schools, Anglican, United, Presbyterian, and maybe more. Anyway, the residence is called Somverville House, and it is very nice, and quite new (looking). I have a studio apartment, which is really just a bachelor style - one small table with two chairs, one easy chair, a double bed, hot plate, beer fridge and small bathroom. There isn't much floor space, but the ceilings are really high, so it feels very roomy. Lots of storage, since the ceilings are high, I can store things above the bathroom. Jeff and I went and bought a ladder today so that I can get at it.

My place faces west, which I know because the sun is in my eyes while I type this. I face another residence building, which is a bit odd- living in the big city now! Orientation starts on Wednesday, and classes next Monday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Nice to have a little time to get used to the new city, before you head into classes.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home