Wednesday, August 27, 2008

all alone

Things are very quiet here with everyone gone. We dropped Grace and Sam off on Sunday then drove to Red Deer and had supper with Andy and Mary Lou. They are on holidays and visiting in Calgary so we met partway. It was good to see them. They seem to be doing well. Then Geoff carried on to Calgary and I drove home.
I did laundry this morning. One load vs four loads. I can see that an empty nest will mean less work.
I guess we had our two weeks of summer. It's a lot cooler out now and of course dark earlier. A definite feel of fall in the air. I wish we would get a least a bit of global warming. Why is everyone getting hotter and drier and not us?
I have been developing a few bad habits being here by myself. Eating in front of the television. Eating at odd times. Not always having a vegetable. Ignoring phone messages. It's great.

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

re global warming - its because the universe is not on your side - its working full time for Allison

6:57 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Welcome to my world Theresa. With Grace here this week, I have been having normal suppers, so that has been good.

5:17 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Allison gets all the good stuff and we get all the trash.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home