Monday, August 18, 2008

Cooler now thanks

Today and yesterday are more comfortable, it has been 35-37 for the past week. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm, so the day was muggy and sticky, and the rain didn't really cool anything off, remained at 30, but today is better.
I arrived back from Folk Fest on Monday, worked Tuesday night, then went to Montana on Wednesday after sleeping for 4 hours. Montana is quite pretty, I was visiting Kris & Joe & 4 children, Rhonda & Don, and Lavina-Joe's mom at a cottage (really large house) right by Kalispell. It's on a pretty lake, which I tubed on behind the boat, roared around on the boat, then drifted on a tube, reading-which is more my thing as we could guess. Western Montana looks like BC, mountains, valleys, trees-but with gun stores and red, white, and blue bunting on porches. Idaho had all these Ron James for President signs. Who is this guy?

I enjoyed seeing them all again, hard to believe that I've known Kris and Rhonda for over 25 years. They all were doign well, Rhonda got accepted into the nurse anaesthetist program in Pittsburgh and she is excited about it. Kris' kids are growing like weeds. Sidney, the oldest is 12 and i think is my height. I was somewhat horrified to see that there was no recycling at all. It wasn't until the last night that i finally set aside the bottles and cans used that night to take back to Canada. I mourn the rest.

Yesterday I was Ms Irritability all day. Poor Richard. Maybe have been around too many people? I kept snapping at him when discussing what to do when Nathan (nephew from ontario) arrives. I think we will go white water rafting in Golden which will give us easy access to Radium hotsprings and rockies. we'll camp unless weather is miserable. Richard managed to get some days off, so it will be fun to travel around a bit.
Jim and Sandy will be here in September for a visit, and I am looking forward to meeting his agent.
Mom and I are planning on going to GP to visit Laura, Wilf, and Henry, as I would like to see their new pad. At this point it seems that the 3rd week of September will be when we go.

Good news, I recieved my handbag, but it won't let me hyperlink to it. But if you want to see it, look up Kairos handbags...I got the Grab n Go, colour firebrick red, willow design.
Isn't it nice?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Lisa told all the news here - its been soo hot, that I've been useless - the weeds are shoulder high in spots, but had about 100 lbs of peaches this year plus what fell to the ground - another 30 or so and tomoatoes are ripening with awesome speed.
Am feeling better now in spite of the heat and looking fwd to Jim and Sandi's visit also to our trek to GP.
Just had an email from Christine - 4 of the Bill Robins family attended RA's 40th and sounds like they had a good time, but a lot of work in 36 degree weather

11:24 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

When you go to Golden get hold of a visitor guide. I saw they had them in the A&W there.
Also I notice that your cooler weather equals our hottest weather.
I liked Montana when we drove through there last year. Prairies and mountains, a lot like Alberta.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Did you declare your recycling at the border? Sounds like you will have a good time when Nathan gets there. Uncle Fred loved the whitewater rafting when they did it, just make sure you keep your foot in the hold thingy, so you don't fall out.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I am glad to see Lisa is carrying on the Grandpa bottle-picking tradition.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

oooh, and I do like the bag!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home