Friday, August 29, 2008

Grace is on her way to her new home

Grace left this afternoon, to go back to Alberta, and start her new life as a university student. It has been fun having her here, but all good things must come to an end.

Today we took the long awaited visit to the Bata Shoe museum(at least for me it was, and Grace humoured me), which I really enjoyed, they had things like a pair of Napoleon's silk socks, the sandals that Pierre Trudeau wore when he toured the world, a paid of shoes from one of the pope's (the name escapes me now), and a running shoe, that Terry Fox wore when he was doing his run across the country. It was very interesting and I highly recommend it if you find yourself in Toronto.

After the museum, we went to Yorkville, for some lunch, we were sitting on the patio of a cafe, and I looked up and thought wow that looks like cousin Nancy, but I have been seeing people that look like people I know, since I started working here. I took a second look, then called out Nancy and it WAS her. Who'd have thought!! She is in Toronto visiting a friend, the friend was getting his hair cut, and she was out wandering around. Too weird. She said her landlord is in the hospital, and his kids don't think he will make it. So they let her know they will be selling the house. So a move at sometime is in the works for her.

This is our go live weekend, so we are working different shifts on the weekend, depending on when we are needed. Mine starts at 3:00 pm tomorrow afternoon, and goes until 3:00 pm Sunday afternoon. Actually that is the worst case scenario, with any luck we will get finished earlier than that. But I will get Monday off, and I come home on Thursday, so that should not be too bad.

And that is about all the news from here, better go to bed now, so I am not tired when my shift starts.

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

You are in the midst of your 24 hr shift - wow! Hope it goes smoothly and you don't have to do the whole 24. Sounds like you & Grace had a great time - its neat you saw the shoe museum - would be too bad if you left TO without that adventure.
What a surprise to see Nancy there - her ll's kids sound kind of not too nice - they could wait till dad pushes off before almost giving her notice, is my thought.
Don't wear yourself out on that implementation

1:00 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Eek, I hope they pay you a lot of money. Like quadruple time

1:45 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

A comment from a true union member.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home