Monday, August 25, 2008

I've got that September feeling

September always seems like a time when things start and really get going. Although I should have started on a number of things earlier than now, hence I have a bit of work freak-out. I've got a proposal to get in so we can do some work research with students (proposal needs to be approved before we have money to pay students, and interviews are this week. eek), and a paper to finish for a presentation this week. But, it sounds like we can't even hire our students until a bit later -- so maybe the universe intervened and is giving me more time to get my proposal approved....

My friend Annie comes this week for a conference (same one I'm presenting at) and stays with me for 5 days -- I'm really excited. She is a lot of fun. She's the one whose dad is a prospector in the Kootenays. She has a tote bag from a prospectors' conference. Although I *hate* librarian tote bags, I would not refuse that one!

I think by end of September I will endeavour to have the base coat on all my apt walls, and to have my bedroom painted a nice, clear, soothing green. How do you get that green without sinking dangerously into hospital-colour-territory?

My vegetable garden was a total washout this year. I did get some broccoli and some spindly peas. I take full responsibility: should have been monitoring it and weeding it more.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

good that the universe is on your side at last. Veggie gardens do not thrive on benign neglect tho

7:18 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Why does the universe care about your proposal and not your garden?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Because the universe is a careerist enterprise.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home