Monday, September 01, 2008

empty nest

It's not unusual for Geoff and I to be home alone, but it is different to think that nobody else is going to be coming home anytime soon.
We picked Grace up at the airport on Friday then dropped her at university on Saturday. It's good knowing her roommate and parents. We just wandered around on Saturday, did a bit of shopping. We were going to take Sam and Grace both out for supper Saturday night, but Grace had a floor event so we went with Sam. Had breakfast with Al on Sunday, then picked up the kids to do a bit more shopping. Then home all by ourselves. I miss them.
Keep getting text messages from Will. Will the novelty wear off?
Spent hours today doing the job I hate the most, sorting through paper and balancing the chequebook. Why don't I keep up with it instead of putting it off all the time? I know it is not going to go away. I made myself do it all, even the filing and shredding of old stuff. But of course it won't stay done and I will be fighting with myself again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I don't balance my cheque book, in fact I do not have a cheque book any more. Since I check regularly online, so see what has happened, I have given that up.

I feele the same way about you on the paperwork and getting rid of stuff I no longer need or want, my piel of paper to shred is pretty big.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home