Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Toronto

Well, I made it to Toronto, and I've even been brave enough to venture out of the hotel by myself. I spent some of Monday just wandering around, trying to not get lost. I didn't. Then yesterday I walked over to the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was really cool. There is a lot of stuff there. It's amazing how little padding hockey players used to wear. Really. They had a lot of international hockey stuff there, like jerseys and the lucky loonie from the Salt Lake City Olympics, and quite a bit of women's hockey things too. I nearly bought an Oiler's toothbrush from the gift shop, but I resisted.

Last night we went to the play Avenue Q. It was really funny. It is mostly puppets, like Sesame Street. I was reminded of Greg the Bunny. Right before the show we had supper at the Hard Rock Cafe and we ate right by a coat Prince once wore. It was intense.

Something I've noticed about Toronto is that no where has chocolate milk. At least, they didn't at the two places I asked for it. I did get hot chocolate at the one place though. It didn't really cut it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I think Prince probably wore the most intense coats of any rock star.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

When you hadn't posted yet, I was wondering whether perhaps you had been kidnapped by an angry Torontonian and was being held until Ed Stelmach came up with the ransom. Not too worried as we have an $8 billion surplus this year.
It's not that hard to venture out once you do it once. Sounds like A. Jude is showing you a good time.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home