Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labour Day

For which I got double time and a half for working nights. Thank you super stat, IH, and BCNU!
I am doing the SPCA walk, for which I have sent out emails. I don't generally like doing group emails like that, but it is the easiest way to do it. And it is for the amnimals. I'm going to see about borrowinig a dog for the walk.
We had a good visit with Nathan (nephew, Bill and Kathy's son, from Ontario). We went to Radium and Golden. White water rafting is so much fun! I think we should do it when in Golden next year. I would send pictures, which we bought, but they are on DVD and our computer does not have player. Humph. Anyway, Radium is only 1 hr from Golden, so we could do that there too. We took a look at the lodges that Theresa found, they look very nice. About ?20 minutes from Golden. Anyway, we camped in Radium, it rained, but Richard had bought a giant tarp, plus several others to add to our collection, so we were fine. We got back here on Wednesday, drove through Nakusp and went to those hot springs too, and then Thursday Richard had to work so Nathan and I biked the Kettle railway. That area was burned of course, but there was still a fair amount of trees left, and it is interesting to see how much has rejuvenated.
Richard is busy making his 2nd set of stew for lunches. we both hate making them, so this should help.
I am going to Dr's tomorrow. I have a weird pain in leg, right at top of thigh. Naturally, being a nurse, I am worried that I have a blood clot. well not really, but I have a hard time standing or walking for any time at all. It has to better by the walk. It came up the last night I worked, and I could barely make it to my car.
We are going to Vernon to meet a friend of Richard's from school and are thinking of going to Lumby for breakfast, though don't know if we'll have time before appt, so may have to settle for Vernon.
Joshua, nephew in Ontario has his surgery date for his heart/aorta and will be having it Sept 22nd.
All of the sudden fall is here. Nights are much cooler.
We have a new tenant downstairs, Tiffani. Yes, spelt that way. She has painted the living room, looks nice, a warm yellow which looks good with the wood. The previous ones are going to have a baby, so we promptly said, 'no babies here, we don't want to hear shrieking in the night'. Actually, they wanted a bigger place for obvious reasons.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

do they have zip lining?

12:49 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am not sure...

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home