Sunday, March 18, 2007

Home at Last

Don't know if any of you saw the weather news the last couple of days, but when I got up on Friday, the news was a big storm coming in to the north east, so I left the hotel and went to the airport early to see if I could get an earlier flight, so I could come home. As I got to the front of the line the person behind the desk said that my flight had been cancelled and I had been re-booked for Saturday at 5:00 pm. She checked for me but the earlier flights were full, and they were more likely to get cancelled because, planes and crews were not where they should be because of the weather. I got a hotel room, close to the airport, and stayed another night in Rhode Island. I finally rolled into my house at 12::00 am on Saturday night,/Sunday morning a mere 24 hours later than originally scheduled.

There was a notice in the elevator to say a goodbye party was scheduled for this week, for Bernie and Doris, our resident caretakers. I was really sorry to hear that, they are great and hope that whoever replaces them are as good.

Looking forward to a week at home, not sure when I leave again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I guess Geoff will have to break in a new caretaker couple this summer. Seems he got to know the previous ones quite well

11:47 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Why am I not suprised that Dad got to know the caretakers in Jude's building?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I can't believe you've been away so long, Judith. In the midst of working lots & feeling irritable about The Long Winter, I would think: hey, I wonder if Judith is in town or not? Then went back to doing phone surveys.

This weekend is more work, and 53 Ways to Leave Your Lover on Saturday night -- maybe we can have dinner some night next week, though?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Hey, Al, that sounds good, I am home for anothe couple of weeks. BTW, Kaye said Deanna was at the hairdressers, reading Chatelaine, and saw you were nominated. She was pretty excited about seeing your name in print in a National magazine. but then she was mad at herself for not taking amgazine!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Nominated for what? Allison, have you been keeping something from us? Am I going to have to buy Chatelaine?

7:20 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think it was a nomination that Latitude made for being a 'stellar volunteer,' which was sweet. I think the winners cured cancer while they were working as prima ballerinas....

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home