Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy!

So, I met with the manager of the psychaitry unit here, and he will hire me!!!!

As soon as I get my temporary registration number I can start. Which would be beginning of May I think.

Hurrah!

I asked for a meeting, but didn't expect that he'd offer me something today, I thought I'd have to go through the whole process. It will be casual, as there aren't any lines available, but I'd end up with full time hours, I'm almost positive (and he was too). He is going to post some temporary positions in April, so I'd apply for those, I think, and see what happens.

I start my new practicum, on psychiatry tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but have a secret fear that I'll do something stupid and fail. Imposter syndrome I think. As in, 'sure, I've made it this far in the program, but they'll find out before I graduate that I'm really not that good'
It's not easy being neurotic.

Anyhow, I feel pleased. Which is tempering my fear of failure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Congratulations, Lisa. I knew you could work anywhere you wanted to. Just not sure why you want psychiatry. Make sure you can get those days in July off. We're not houseboating without you.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Ooooh, congratulations! I think psychiatry will be very interesting (and I'll bet you will have a lot of stories to tell on the trip!)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

nice job, ape!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Lisa, you are an overchiever, not even graduated and already a job. Totally awesome.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home