Sunday, March 18, 2007

among the missing posters

Am also guilty of not posting or anything else much - don't know why, have not the excuse that most of you have of being busy with jobs, family and assorted commitments. But then there is notreally any news here either.
Have been doing some yard cleanup, but it seems to rain a lot and while it's warm enough it means lots of mud. It's yard waste pickup this week so am trying to get as much pruning, etc done as is possible. The roses and raspberries are done and as the sun is out, this after noon am tacckling grapes and fruit trees, as its also time for the 1st spray (non chemical). Am also totally teed off with the jerk next door - you cannot imagine that amount of stuff he has piled up between our houses - even for him it's a record. I am really thinking of a chain link fence with vines for the area along the houses, so I can quit being mad! Jim may be here for a few days in April on his way to a meeting in Harrison and if so, may get him to install it. They have also had one of those basketball hoops parked smack in the center (but on the street) of my lot since Oct.
It sure riles me.
Have also decided finally to rearrange some of my affairs - something about being 77 seemed to push me to get it done, so have been seeing banks, financial guys and lawyer to get them done the way I want, including a living will.
Then my microwave bit the dust, so went shopping for a replacement and decided I deserved some new pots - nothing I had was under 30 yrs.
As you can see, nothing except a lot of bits and pieces, but it keeps me busy and happy.
Talked to Laura yesterday, and if you haven't heard' her mill is closing permanently. She doesn't know what will happen, but the brass from Vernon will be there next week to fill them in. She is lucky as she's several different options to consider, but does not want to make any moves till she hears what they have to say. It's been a bit of a shock and made for a tough week in the HR dept
as they had to break the news to other employees.
Theresa, I'd think all your staff at work would still be suffering from shock at Brian's death - it is really nice of them to offer grief counselling- what a great place to work.
Lisa is working 12 hour shifts this weekend, so only me for dinner tonight - makes it simple. She seems to really like this practicum (aside from being offered the Job) It's hard to understand for me - but it should help if I get dementia! It's all about me you know.
Had a email from Brenda - Bill has not been very good - a lot of episodes and getting more severe, apparently side effects of his medication. She was going to Edmonton this week to take him to the heart clinic and talk to his doctor and will let me know what's going on. Feel quite concerned about him but its over 25yrs since his first heart attack, so guess one should expect problems..
Hope all is well with everyone and get posting!

Love from mom/grandma

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I didn't know about Laura's mill. I saw something in the paper a while ago that it was shutting down for a time, but it didn't sound like it was permanent at that point. Not very good news for Slave Lake. Maybe it's not so bad for the Longs. Laura has so much experience that it would probably take her not time at all to find something new if she needed to. Does she get a package?

11:40 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Mom, you could also just call a fencing company and get them to come and do it. Then it would be done and you could forget about your neighbour.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home