Friday, March 02, 2007

On the Road Again

I spent three weeks in Woonsocket, home for a week (kind of on vacation, except I worked for 3 days). Allison and I went to see Van Morrison on wednesday night. It was kind of funny, most of the people were around my age ( Allison looked like a youngster in comparison) andlot's of grey hair. Van was fantastice, he did a couple of songs from his new country album, and did three of my favourites (Brown Eyed Girl, Gloria and Moondance). His voice sounds as good as ever, and our seats were pretty good, in the blues, but close to the stage. There was no opening act, and he played solid for an hour and 3/4. the band we very tight, and you could tell they have been together for awhile. I never thought I would get to see him live, so I am a hppy woman.

I leave again on Sunday for Woonsocket, two weeks there and then back home for three. I have been happy to be home, although, have not left my house much. Just so darn happy to be in my own bed.

Theresa and Geoff were here last weekend, and we went out to the Boun Thai for thai food, along with Anne. the food was delicious, as always, and the company excellent. Wener shoes, was having a big renovation sale, so between Theresa and I, we supported local business. Theresa and Geoff were there first, and then gave me a head's up. And I motored right on down there, and got some shoes.

6 Comments:

Blogger GEOFF said...

Some shoes! I thought I was bad buying 2 pairs.
Theresa

10:51 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

How many did you buy?!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

She bought about twelve pairs (all very nice though), and I went the next week and got one myself. At least I come by it honestly.

9:32 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

12 pairs? Really?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Possibly a SLIGHT exaggeration.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Between Anne, Theresa,Geoff and myself there were 9 pairs of shoes bought. I am not going to give the breakdown, of how many pair of new shoes each person has in their closet. But I will say we all seem very happy with our purchases.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home