Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rainy rainy Sunshine Coast

So I am on the Sunshine Coast, watching the rain pour down. False advertising! Luckily the friend I am staying with has a large picture window (for watching the rain), a fireplace and lots of tea. Sitting in front of a fireplace on a rainy day, drinking tea and reading, is not such a bad way to spend a holiday. However, I think I need to come back in the summer.

My friend is a teacher in a Francophone school, and Blogger has switched into French on this computer. This is throwing me off somewhat. Hopefully this posts: I plan to hit "publier" and hope for the best.

Anyway, despite the miserable weather every day that I've been in BC, it has been a pretty good trip in general. I'm glad I came up here and didn't just stay in Vancouver the whole time. Sechelt is not very big, but it has the water on both sides and SO MUCH green - very enjoyable after an Albertan winter of grey and brown. We are going to venture out for a walk this afternoon and go down to the beach and likely get totally soaked... but at the end there will be tea and a fire!

4 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I hope you brought your goreteex boots, for your walk in the rain.

3:56 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

How did you manage to choose the most rainy days on record to visit the coast - just luck I suppose! hope you had a good holiday anyway-sounds like it

Grandma

7:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Anne, I just saw your doppelganger here the other day. She was just a little different than you (shorter, etc.) but eerily, she even sounded like you & had your method of speaking!? Do you have someone who "takes your place" while you are away?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Well that's creepy.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home