Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sore Feet

I just got home from spending from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm teaching a beginner stained glass course. The place is on the second story of the swimming pool building, with only stairs as access- therefore lots of trips up and down packing glass (heavy) and other things that I think I need.
I move some stuff during the week as I was off on vacation, and most of the rest yesterday. I also thought of a bit more to pack last night, so packed it in this morning.
The trouble with packing in, is that you must haul all the stuff home again (and three days of packing in makes a lo-o-o-ong cleanup)
I can't thank my daughters enough for their help. Grace came up to be my assistant instructor this morning which was great, and Anne (who is visiting for a peaceful rest) made about 10 trips up and down the stairs helping me bring heavy boxes of glass home.
Thanks Grace and Anne.
I was also blessed by my good wife bringing me just-out-of-the-oven taco buns for lunch.
My feet are tired, but I am happy with the results-everyone seemed to have a good time and the evaluations were positive.
Anne was very insightful last night in suggesting that I limit the number of choices of thing st make to 5 or so- I had 30 or more patterns laid out. Seems people want to be told what to make , not to have to decide. (must be the psychology education)She also suggested, after hauling many pounds of glass down the stairs, that people don't need as much choice of coulr/texture as well.
I am doing another course in December, and will incorporate all the suggestions.

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Geoff - glad to hear that your 1st glass class was a success and that you had help from your great daughters, maybe the next one will be at ground level-let us hope so. hear that winter has arrived in Alberta or at least some parts. There is snow on the mountains to the east this morning but just rain and wind down here, but its getting closer

10:03 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Did you get that? I'm not sure

10:05 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Yes your post is there, and yes winter is here. It was raining last night when I went to bed and woke up to 4 or 5 inches of snow. The roads are really slick. Anne is here for the weekend and is thinking of not returning to Edmonton until tomorrow because of the roads.
She says that she can do some of her work from here- computers are great for that sort of thing.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home