Wednesday, October 25, 2006

This is actually from Tim

I am not trying to take over Tim's identity. He has been having trouble posting so sent this via us. Also something has been wrong with our e-mail since the weekend so we just got this:

I have been trying to post something on here since I arrived, but the link that I have won't allow me to post anything. Anyway, I am in Rome now, after a week of frantic travelling. We started out in Heidelburg, where we met up with Jaimie, who is the brother of one of the girls I am travelling with. He works there for a Canadian company which means his flat is paid for, and it is huge, even by Canadian standards. This was good, because it allowed us all to crash there, rather than have to book a hostel. Jaimie took us out the first night we were there, and showed us all the night life of heidelburg, which was more fun that night than it was the next day. We were all impressed that cheryl, the resident 50 year old on our trip, kept up with all of us all night. Anyway, the next day we headed out to Lille, France to meet up with a couple of girls that we knew from high school. It was a very trying day, as I ended up being the one reading train schedules and trying to get us on every train on time. It took us all day, a few missed trains, and a 93 euro fee apiece, but we finally made it to Lille, only to find the place we had reserved was in the ghetto, and we were recommended not to leave it after dark. Lille was nice anyway, and we had a good time visiting with Jenn and Lanni, who are living in France on an exchange program with Red Deer College. The next day we headed out to Paris, and went to see the Eiffel tower that night which, I must admit, was pretty cool, and much better than I expected. Our hotel was right by a metro station, which was great as it was easy to get around. The next day we did a hop on hop off tour of the other sights, such as the Louvre the arc de triumphe etc.. which was great. That night we took a night train to Rome and spent the afternoon at the collusium and forum. This I was really excited for and they did not dissappoint. Today we spent the entire day at Vatican City and tommorrow morning we leave for Venice, where we meet up with Will and Jesse. I am sending this to Mom and Dad to send, so hopefully it makes it (This is my second try) and I will try to keep everyone posted on my remaining week.
Tim

1 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Oh, you'd like us to think you aren't impersonating Tim, Theresa, but we are wise to your wily tactics.

I'm glad you're having a good time Tim. How's Brown Owl?

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home