Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nervous

So, we go to the businessy meeting today and I feel nervous about it. I'm afarid that either a) people will just ignore us. b) be angry with us.

Oh well, all we can do is what we can do. Present our info, ask for input, and hope for the best.

the weird thing about this project is finding resistance in strange places. From people you wouldn't normally expect. Politics is a strange game. And it is difficult to know how or why people respond the way they do.

And I did find some sweet deals for clothes. Value Village is where it's at! A Ralph Lauren silk shirt for $15, 2 pairs wool lined pants (Liz Claiborne, Jones New York), $15 each. A wool blazer(Jones New York) $10. I always feel like I've won when I shop at VV.

I find it difficult to shop in other clothing stores for that reason.

Am feeling slightly overwhelmed with meetings etc. I'm actually not terribly busy, but there's a lot of arranging etc. that gets wearing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

So what happened?

6:04 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Ah, it went well. people talked to us, no anger, was very positive. I was able to chat people up pretty well. Very successful! There were some who kind of looked at us and weren't interested, but we felt good about the whole thing. We then went to a residents ass'n mtg, did our little spiel there, then went out for a drink and something to eat. A harm promoting behviour!
I asked our prof for a expense budget, all this networking would be smoothed along with lunch

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home