Thursday, October 19, 2006

jittery

I think I was just interviewed by a reporter about our political action project.

Did not clue into this until I heard him typing and he asked at end of convo about calling back for any clarification/ questions. He did ask at beginning of conversation if he could do a story on it. I said yes, that would be wonderful, not realizing that he was doing an interview on the phone, not just background information.

I sure hope that I did not say anything ridiculous, alienating, etc. Another group member directed him to me as she feels really uncomforatble with that kind of thing. Though I reassured her that she would do fine. she always sounds intelligent.

I sure hope that I did.

Also, this paper agreed to run our pamphlet for gratis! we did a pamphlet on harm reduction. The other local paper sounded interested too, so we'll see if they do too. We asked if they'd pay for it as well, the publisher said she'd be interested in carrying it, but didn't say whether they'd pay for the actual pamphlet, so i asked in the letter.

Why not?

Went to a prof's house for our seminar last night. There were about 20 of us. I love this particualr prof. She's incredibly to the point, dry humour, interesting. We had caeser salad and beef dip. I wish all our classes could be done over supper! Plus her house is nice. Full of art and eclectic. she has the same cocktail shaker that Mom and Dad have/had.

I want to be her when I grow up.

I plan to go see The Departed again this weekend. Matinee!

Though I ahve a test on Monday, on nutrition. though really it all seems kind of like review to me. The prof is good (she's not the one whose house we went to for supper).

OK, must study. do not want to. Still on edge from interview.

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I liked Anne's idea of a magazine ad to share ourselves with the world... something to think about now that you have so many newspaper contacts... Or maybe you could sneak the URL into your pamphlet?

5:40 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Or Will what do you think of this idea...your picture on the Harm Reduction pamphlet from Beth's 75th birthday here in Kelowna. You remember (or maybe not)in the park after a few "beverages" the night you opened up about your doll!

8:04 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

By the way, that was Richard. Maybe we should get our own log in name.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I think you do need another login name, you guys have been married so long, with out the taqg it is hard to know who is speaking!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Can you tell the difference between Geoff and I?

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home