Saturday, March 26, 2016

Nothing like Company for Easter!

It's been a busy few week (actually, a busy year), but now it's Easter weekend, and Mom and Dad and Lisa are here, so that's really nice.  They arrived on Thursday, which gave me just enough time to get most of my Easter preparations done at the church.

The weather has been pretty rainy all winter here.  Locals tell me this is the norm and the sunny winters I've had for the last two years.  I don't mind the rain, but it was getting to be a monotonous.  Luckily this weekend, or at least on Friday, the weather was great, and we were able to get out for a walk on the beach in between naps.

Allie was out for a visit in January, for a couple weeks, which was great.  She got a cheap flight on New Years Eve, but landed in the afternoon, so we were able to be back in Tofino for celebrations with Jeff and Kirsten and some other friends.  It was right after she flew home that her dad died really unexpectedly, and thanks to the Bishop and a colleague who filled in for me,  I was able to go there for ten days to be with Allie.  It was nice to spend so much time with her in January, but the reasons weren't great for part of it.

Since coming back it's felt a little hard to catch up. The time between Christmas and Easter is when a lot of church meetings happen, and when our annual reports and statistics are due, so I've had a lot of paperwork to do, some of which even got done!

But for right now it's nice to have Mom and Dad and Lisa here for a bit, and have the sun out!  If the weather holds, I think we're going to try for a beach fire later today.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home