Saturday, March 05, 2016

Anxiety No More

I got back from Mexico, was sick for 3 days, and had a major meltdown after work on the one day I went into work the week I returned. Came home and cried for 2 hours. This led me to realize I was having major anxiety, that had been slowly creeping up on me for a few weeks.

I'm not really 100% sure what caused my anxiety to return like that, I hadn't had that happen for a long time. I think being done my thesis, weirdly contributed-like I kind of time to think or something. Work had been getting busier-early spring/late winter=very bad mental health-wise. New psychiatrist contributed to different team dynamics. Being sick didn't help. And I am peri-menopausal.

So, I have slowly been recovering-bumped up my effexor (I see dr on Tuesday, sure hope she approves me adjusting, cause I've already done it), and have been making conscious effort  to avoid work etc. when off, doing relaxation exercises, eating better, cutting down coffee, exercising more, etc. So, am feeling much better than last weekend, where I was all anxiety.  Is a good reminder of healthy life habits and need to be balanced. we are all human.

Mom was feeling terrible this week, went into doctor, who diagnosed a return of throat/mouth infection. She is on antibiotics and recovering. However, she missed a bloodtest, due to feeling so terrible, so went on Friday, and unfortunately her bloodwork showed that her blood was way too thin, so she needed Vitamin K to counteract the Warfarin yesterday-she took it last night, and goes for another bloodtest Monday. She is tired of this rigmarole  she says, but I think she'll be better pretty quick.

My defense is Mar 17 at 4 pm. Am hopeful that it will be ok and that I don't stare blankly at them when they ask a question. The good thing is that a) I am very comfortable presenting and talking b) I interview well usually.

I am going to take the next day, Friday, off.

Bulbs are blooming here :) Crocuses, and mom has some early small irises! I plan to clean house and prune apricot tree today in the sunshine!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Good luck on the defense, glad your anxiety is improving.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Anxiety is bad, glad you took your own professional advice re medication.

9:14 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You will all be glad to know I went to doctor, who agreed with my treatment plan.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Hurray!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home