Saturday, November 12, 2011

November Saturday and Henry's birthday!

I think I post more on Saturdays than any other day. Happy birthday Henry!
Richard and I went to Remembrance Day ceremonies-there were lots of people there. I, of course, thought of Henry and our nephew Josh, and was thankful that there is no war that we are engaged in right now.
We also raked leaves again, leaf raking in this yard is not a one day event, more like a season event-we do it every week for at least a month-and I think perhaps 6 weeks.
Today I am going to pick up some groceries for supper tonight and tomorrow. Mom is coming over here for supper tomorrow! What!? you say. There is a football game tomorrow and Mom does not get CFL football anymore, so we invited her over to watch! I am making Boeuf Bourguinon.
I also plan to get the last Harry Potter movie to watch tonight-November seems suitable for watching dark movies. Plus watching Harry Potter reminds me of going to Scotland, which we did this month a couple years ago.
I also hope to go to Value Village and buy some winter skirts.
Kris is going to be here early next month. we are going up to Williams Lake to see her Dad. He has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and also with melanoma, so she is coming here to visit him, and I am coming along to help support her. I hope his treatment goes well-he will be having chemotherapy-1st one in Kamloops, and then the rest can be done in Williams Lake.
I have one last assignment for my class on embodiment-which is basically recognizing that we can't separate our minds from our bodies when caring for people. Our presentation is on people who are on advanced life support systems, like respirators, and focusing on people who are considered 'brain dead'-are they embodied or not? I think it will be good!
As I was sitting on the couch, I heard this noise outside-looked out and there is this squirrel, climbing across the side of our house, using the front window, with a walnut in his or her mouth! Made it to the tree and went about the rest of squirrel business. It has done this a few times now-nature!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I thought you were going to Nakusp this weekend.

5:13 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

No, had to wait until next weekend, couldn't get this mOnday off.We are still open to having others join!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home