Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Some News

So today I talked to Sam (my supervisor) and told her that I am leaving IBM at the end of the year. I felt bad, because I really like Sam, and did not want to let her down, but I just feel as though I need to leave. She was great, and totally understood. The HR person is on vacation, so no announcements will be made to the rest of the team right now.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what I was going to do over my vacation time. T&G noticed that I was quite quiet in the back seat. So I am going to take a year off, then either look for a new (part time) job or volunteer or something. I feel good about making the decision and following through on it today.

I knew when I finished vacation, and still felt as though I did not care about work that it was time to go.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Wow... big news all right. What are you doing with your year off? Come visit!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Tough decisions are always hard to make and implement but you always feel better once you have. I know you will be an asset to any company or volunteer position. our best wishes to you!

5:46 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I think making decisions like that are tough! You thought it through and decided based on what was best for you. way to go!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous beth said...

happy to hear you have come to your big decision - am sure it was not an easy thing to do, but right for you - taking a year to yourself sounds a good idea. Anyway congratulations.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's easy for you all to say. Your basement isn't her backup plan.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I figure I would stay a month will everyone, that way I won't overstay my welcome.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I like temping so far, don't stay long enough to get bored.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home