Tuesday, October 25, 2011

That Toddlin' Town

Chicago is still a fun city! This has not changed from last year. My hotel is so-so but half a block from the conference venue. However, it's also the home of the longest-lasting strike in the USA. Sob. I leave good tips on the bed and will note on my comment card that I'd like the mgmt to settle.

The conference is a mix of extremely interesting versus over my head versus boring. One very good presentation was by a staff member of the City of Chicago, who talked about how individual programmers created applications using the city's open data -- things like an application that lets you see where there are available parking stalls in the area, or what there is to eat, see and do within 30 minutes of your current position. There was an IBMer talking about corporate research but I didn't understand.

I have eaten several good taco dinners. I don't mind going out for dinner on my own, but I don't like finding new places -- I'd rather go to the same one over & over rather than risk a bad dinner.

The conference site also has very good snacks. It's a Jewish institute, meaning that everything served there is kosher.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I keep thinking this title says,'That Toddler Town" which also makes me think of the Muppets display at the museum when you were there

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home