Monday, November 07, 2011

It has begun.

I have started the process of bathroom renovation. They've torn out the walls, and tomorrow shower and new taps will be installed. Rest of the week: insulation, drywall, rebuilding of walls, and tiling. They might be able to install new pipes for kitchen so my drinking water isn't quite as dirty coming in. My friend's two uncles are doing the job - hooray for uncles!

Tile is a plain white 8x10" with a nice blue-grey-glass mosaic stripe going around the top. I had these 3x6" subway tiles but one of the uncles said "nope. too many grout lines," and sent me back to the store to get something different. This makes me feel somehow like I have Dad doing the renos. With less swearing, though.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous b said...

keep rhe progress pics coming! It'll be great for you to have sa nice bathroom at last - the tiles sound very nice

3:30 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Uncles are almost as good as Aunts.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This is exciting!

4:17 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

who's b? is that Mom?
Please keep posting!
If it were Dad, you'd have to be holding sheets of drywall over your head for a couple hours.
Maybe's it's coming in the future?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home