Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I'm only posting because I don't want to start my hours of patient research, not because of being pressured.

I started clinical this week. Once again I am on a medicine unit, so it shouldn't be too much different from last year, except I can do IV meds now. I was really hoping to get surgery this year, but it's a lottery and I did not. I am guaranteed to be on surgery next year though. Today was my first day (actually evening) on the unit, so it was just 4 hours of being buddied with an RN, and the rest was getting information from the chart of my assigned patient. Now I have to research everything I found about the patient so I am ready to take over her care tomorrow.

Since I have 6 week terms and I finished my final exams on Weds last week, I had a couple extra days off. I went to Rocky for a couple days, and it was nice to just lay around on Mom and Dad's couch and eat their food. Then on Saturday I went to Calgary for Halloween. I also went to my friend Scott's art school, and got to go in his glass studio, which was a lot of fun. Then me and Jovita went for Ikea meatballs and then got all dressed up to go out. I was a deranged inmate, Jovita was Miss Piggy. We met up with some other girls from Rocky too, and it was nice to see them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Thank you for contributing to my procrastination is such a time efficient manner!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

My friend Annie was Julia Child. She lost her favourite whisk at a bar, sadly!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Bon Appetite!!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

ha ha ha!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home