Sunday, September 20, 2009

busy weekend

Just finished the last coat of paint in Tim's living room. I must say that we did an outstanding job of choosing colours. And Grandma would be happy since it is green. A beautiful dark sort of mossy green on two walls and a much lighter green (hardly green at all) on the other two. Tim's friend Clint sprayed the ceiling so it looks like a totally different room. All the trim will be an off white, it is going to look great. Even with carpet instead of the hardwood.
Tim worked on the downstairs bathroom. If all goes as planned and depending on his energy level, it should be done by the end of the week. It is painted, he has to lay the flooring and put in baseboards and the fixtures and bob's your uncle.
Had to make a flying trip to Red Deer yesterday afternoon. I really do not like Red Deer. The closer we get to it the more depressed I feel. I don't know why. Anyway we couldn't really find what we wanted but we did get to Chapters so it was not a totally wasted trip.
Tim called the colonoscopy people and they said they would let him know next week when he will have the privilege of that procedure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I feel the same way about Red Deer. It's also a city that I've never been able to find my way in. I can get around any other city, but not Red Deer.

6:52 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

You guys painted a whole house on the weekend - I on the other hand have been painting my porch trim and after a whole week have finished except for the cleanup and feel like a failure comparatively speaking! I shud have done it last year so the prep time was long and boring - lots of scraping sanding, etc.
The good news (well for me) is that my jerkly next door neighbor has apparantly left the family home - I've seen him there only twice since July, so there is a baby sitter there - an older lady who couldn't stand the mess at the side and spent 3 days sorting, cleaning and weeding - even getting her son in law to haul bags of bottles - I thanked her - but think those 10 & 12 yr old boys shud be doing it.
Hope Tim gets that ugly procedure over with soon - Jim said Sandi had it recently and they used a general anasthetic - which is a lot less unpleasant.
so be firm Tim and insist on being put to sleep for it. The new paint job really sounds nice.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home