Saturday, September 05, 2009

Back at work

Had my 1st set of shifts and worked 3 days and a night. Went very well-knee was a bit sore 1st and last day, but otherwise good.
Was nice to be back-I missed work, despite all its' trials and tribulations. I really enjoyed seeing patients again.
we are going to Oregon at end of month for Kirk and Sue's son's wedding. We both work Friday, will leave after I am off, drive until we are tired, then go rest of way Saturday. Their wedding isn't until 530, so we figure it's doable. The we will actually have a few days until we have to be back at work-Richard due back on Wed, me not the Friday, so we can spend a few days on the coast.
Had another 'conversation' with The Weasel. The good thing about this is that I did not react nearly as emotionally as I have with other interactions with him when I feel that he is being a passive aggressive, manipulative sniper. I am getting a grasp on my reactions to this situation. Not that I like it, but I feel more able to detach from the intended effect which is to make me feel like I am doing the wrong thing and should just look the other way instead of doing what I think is the right thing. Sorry, you were unsuccessful at intimidating me, jerk.
I had some patients who I felt that I was helpful with and felt really good about that. Which, after all, is the point of the whole thing.
How is nursing going Grace? I felt totally overwhelmed the 1st week and thought, 'What have a I done?' This continued for the whole 1st year. Then I liked it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Nursing is going good! I don't really feel overwhelmed, but I've only had one day of classes. Right now I think it will be a lot of work, but also really fun. I hope.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home