Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Back at school

I had my nursing orientation today. It was pretty much the most boring thing ever. Just people talking for hours about stuff I already figured out for myself. So it seemed like a waste of time and didn't ease my nerves at all until the very end where we got together in our seminar groups. Each group has 14 students and a tutor, and my tutor seems really nice and also fun. That is in the class that I was most worried about, but I feel better about it now.

I moved back to Lister on Monday. Dad and I stayed at Auntie Jude's Sunday night and I got all my stuff unloaded early on Monday. My floor seems really nice so far. The FC is a girl I'm friends with from my floor last year, so that is nice, and my roommate is one of the orientation volunteers. She moved in early, and when I got here and was being introduced around everyone said that they already heard a lot about me. I guess she was lonely being here for a week before me. It made me think that maybe I'm not actually a terrible roommate.

I went to get a new phone yesterday at the mall. Telus has a good student deal on, but it only is for blackberries. So I went and picked out the blackberry that would be free with the plan. Only telus wanted to charge me $99 for it. So I stood there for about an hour while the girl was on the phone with them. She kept me updated on what song she was listening to on hold. In the end they didn't get it figured out, so I am going to go back right away here and see if I can get it yet.

I have my first day of classes tomorrow and I am really looking forward to them. I have anatomy, physilogy, and medical microbiology,and I think they will all be interesting. A lot of work, but interesting all the same.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

It sounds like things are starting to come together for you Grace. that is good news.

9:17 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Hey Grace

My observation - all orientations are boring - but if you think everyone is nice & they think you are, that is more important

11:03 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Did you do the library resources orientation today? That was most certainly not boring. I really love the librarian who's in nursing -- she's hilarious.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Actually Auntie Al, I found the library orientation pretty boring. Sorry. The librarian was great though. And I saw you when I was there! But you were helping someone so I didn't come say hello.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You would have to get through Al's secretary before you could talk to her anyway.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home