Saturday, June 06, 2009

There's a Bathroom on the Right

Theresa came to town on Wednesday, and we went to see John Fogarty in concert. What a great show. The crowd at Rexall Place was pretty diverse, lots of people our age, but surprising number of younger people, twenties and thirties. Sitting beside me was a woman who looked to be in her twenties and she could hardly contain herself, she was so excited to be there. It is hard to believe that John Fogarty is 64, he has aged much better than say Mick Jagger. He sang all the old songs, and everyone in the crowd knew the words, and sang along, the people who were seated on the floor were on their feet the minute that he came out and stayed that way until the end of the show. We were in the stands, row 11, and had a great view of the stage, we were near the goal end of the building. I am so glad that we went. Theresa stayed overnight and got up early on Thursday to drive home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

It was a great concert. I said to Jude, "How come his hair isn't grey?" She said, "Whatever, he looks pretty darn good in those jeans." True.
Tim was jealous that I got to go.
I listened carefully and I am sure the words are "there's a bathroom on the right."

2:02 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I hope you sang that lyric as loud as you possibly could.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

We did but, the music was so loud that I couldn't even hear myself. All week I have Bad Moon in my head and humming along to myself.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You mean you had "bathroom" in your head.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home