Saturday, May 23, 2009

Farmer's Market

Went to the farmer's market today with my friend Diana (the one from school, not the one I lived with). We then went out for lunch. It was a perfect end of May day. 27, sunny.
I plan to bike up to Mom's later to look after her suspicious cat. Who deigned to let me pet her when I went by on Thursday to make sure she got inside. Our planters are finally starting to bloom, and our deck is lovely! I cannot express how pleased I am to live here. It was a good move. Even though we have to spend money on things like furnaces. And replacing part of the deck.
The flowerbed that Richard dug up at the front of the yard is planted now. We put in drought tolerant stuff. The remainder of beds will be done the cardboard/newspaper way. but Richard was anxious to get some stuff done this year. Me too. We have met many people while out there. It is a very friendly neighbourhood-people almost always say hi as they pass and usually stop for a chat. One guy passed me saying, 'it's snowing in Edmonton today' We both laughed maliciously.
We were super busy at work this week-like many discharges and admissions during the day, but it went really well-good people working, so we did it and laughed along the way. At one point, I couldn't stop laughing, though I don't think it was a kind laugh. You can't be a saintly nurse all the time you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Watch the laughs, you might become one of the admissions.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home