Tuesday, November 18, 2008

As of next March Geoff will be a retiree. Although one who still has to work. He finally got totally fed up at work and gave his notice last week. Then that night we went to the hospital gala because BP had bought a table and nobody had bothered to organize people to go. Anyway Geoff had quite a bit of the wine at the table and when the live auction started, he suddenly remembered that he had a company credit card. So he joined in on the bidding on BP's behalf. They bought a fully decorated rotating Christmas tree and some Flames tickets. Then he gave the tree back and the next highest bidder got it so it made twice the money.
The gala was fun. They raised $200,000 for the hospital. Geoff wasn't feeling the best the next day but he had to go in and explain BP's charity to them.

We blew into Edmonton Friday night and out again Saturday. Had Thai food with Jude and Allison Friday night. The Rossdale power plant where Geoff first worked in Edmonton is being demolished so there was a sort of good-bye function for people who had worked there on Saturday. Geoff and Ken went and Jude and I went shopping. Then Geoff and I went to Red Deer and had supper at Linda's which was a good time. We are planning a trip to GP sometime in the spring.

It's raining out and Geoff has gone to Red Deer for a meeting so I hope they are careful driving home by which time the rain will probably be ice.

Lisa, I say buy the house.

5 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

That company credit card story is very funny, I'm picturing Geoff bidding.

How is the Shrimp Catcher?

Yes, my heart says Buy IT!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I told my friend Carmen about that auction story and she laughed hysterically. She said, "If you are going to quit work, you should totally rack up expensive things on the corporate credit card!"

7:33 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

And then he called me at 7am! I think dad should quit his job more often.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

He also called Will that night.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sam F said...

I see I'm not the only one who enjoys buying stuff with other peoples' money.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home