Sunday, October 26, 2008

Me Neither

That is I have nothing new.
But also feel like writing something.
Visit with Ferrey's was fun. Guy who owns the winery is such a flake. At the winestore check out, there were news articles of him, under glass, that showed him in yoga poses, with his stringy jet black dyed hair. he looked like the Natural Law people who did yoga flying. But also like an older guy trying desperately hard to appear younger. Uk. During our hike there was a bear in the area, like very close. Other people saw him/her, but we just saw bear scat and trees that s/he was tearing at to get berries, and a wet spot on the ground where s/he was coming out of the creek. Exciting!
I am finishing up my Post RN Mental Health course. I think this is actually the best part of it, as we are doing a case study and evaluating treatment etc for 2 people. We then present to the staff...who probably won't like my conclusions. So far my 1st assignment for it I got 100%. And being a show off by posting it.
I am preceptoring a nurse from the UK right now. She is trying to get her Canadian registration.
Joshua, Bill's kid is doing OK, though he needed a special dressing for his wound as he got an infection. Poor guy.
We have a huge amount of yardwork to do. And in the fall I am hard pressed to motivate myself to do it. I am much more eager in the spring. the weather is supposed to be beautiful this week though, highs of 16, which should help. And it looks nice out today.
I'm off until Oct 31st, then do a set of 3 nights. I was supposed to only work 3 days my last set, as I took off the night shift for my course, but then was asked to do a crisis admission for a teenager. If I didn't work, the kid would have had to stay in ER, so I felt bad and worked it. Which was fine, I only was there for a 1/2 day as I facilitated a discharge plan. Good work Nurse Lisa.
I have always found Hallowe'en stressful. Costumes overwhelm me, and I found it a holiday like New Year's Eve, where somehow, no matter what I did, I felt like I should somehow be having a more awesome time. It was always a let down.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I agree about New Year's Eve. Some people feel like that about Christmas, but I always enjoy it. It is somehow a special day.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

and I agree with both Theresa and Lisa.

Lisa, what does it mean when you have a crisis admission? Are you the only one doing the evaluation? Or do you have a team? What is in a discahrge plan?

12:23 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Oh, crisis admission is for teenagers...when they get admitted to adolescent unit, because after all, most admissions to psychiatry are crisis n'est pas?
I am one small piece of the puzzle doing evaluation, including drs, social work, other nurses etc, but in this case, I'd venture that i was the one doing the majority of evaluation, after admission.
Discharge plan varies from person to person, but is basically how will people manage once at home. For psychiatry might mean connecting them with community counselling, how will they get meds etc., how to cope if feeling suicidal, place to live, out-patient appt with psychiatrist, nurse etc.
I did organizing for that too. Since when there is a crisis admission for a teen, I am really the only nurse there co-ordinating things for the patient, I do most of the stuff, making sure they see the psychiatrist etc.

3:17 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

And Christmas doesn't wear me out either.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home