Monday, November 10, 2008

chocs

Chocolate weekend. Jude and Al blew in on Saturday, we made chocolates and they blew out again on Sunday. We had everything dipped in two hours, cleanup done in 3.
Which was all good because I was feeling sick with a cold. I feel a bit better today.
Sam and Grace came with the aunts but don't have to go back until tomorrow. They were hoping to be here for a while tomorrow but their ride is leaving in the morning. I was just thinking that Geoff and I shouldn't get too get too used to being alone because with everyone here at Christmas time, it may be a big adjustment.
Have to decide if I will go to the Remembrance Day service. The kids and I usually go, but they won't be here this year and I don't know if I want to go by myself. You have to get there 45 minutes or so early or you don't get a seat. The number of people never seems to dwindle. I have to work tomorrow but I am only going in at noon to do circulation, the office is officially closed.

8 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

You get faster every year with the chocs - I remember when it took all day - maybe because there were too many cooks!
Finished planting bulbs - there were really a lot with the old ones I dug up and saved maybe 100, a big job but am so glad its done before the ground freezes and the snow flies! Now I have some raking and trimming to do in the front and to start attacking the back which looks really daunting at this point, but will just plug away at it and do whats left in the spring.
My neighbors mother who lives with them went to the hosp in an ambulance sat nite - the fire truck was there too and they left so slowly without sirens or lights that I imagined the worst, but it turned out she'd had a fall and hurt her back and while its painful its not fatal and she's home again so the hours I spent getting courage to go over was all for naught (as Sarah Palin says)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Will said...

You should go to the service mom - it's the 90th anniversary of the end of WWI.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sam and Grace found another ride and your dad decided to stay home so we are all going to the service. Thinking of Uncle Willie. And Grandpa. And Uncle Jack.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Remember when we went to Remembrance Day in Victoria, Will, when you had your graduation? That was a good service.
Sam and Grace found another ride and your dad stayed home from work so we will be going to the service. Thinking of Uncle Willie. And Grandpa. And Uncle Jack.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Will said...

That was a good service. I'm going to one on campus here today, since I think the city one is outside, and it's raining. Was Uncle Jack in the war? I didn't know that.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I thought the point of bulbs was that you just planted them and then never had to do anything with them again, Mom.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I don't think Uncle Jack went overseas but he was in the forces. We've got pictures of him in uniform.

4:17 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Well, that is the point Al, but after so many years they get a bit feeble & you have to just keep those that are big and healthy - mine were from 10 - 12 yrs old and needed some thinning etc - it may

ot work that way in Ab tho

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home