Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nothing Much New

But I fell like posting any way. Work is going fine, getting into the swing of things, and feeling like I might know what we are trying to do. So it is not just my family who wonders what the heck I do all day.

Next week, we have a Halloween party at work, I hate them. I don't like dressing up and trying to think of something to wear, that doesn't mean going out an buying lots of stuff is hard. I took a look on the internet, and found some ideas. Then yesterday I was downtown at Winners, and found a long black dress so, I am going as a witch (typecasting?). The thing is we are not even having the party on Halloween, because there are a bunch of people who do not work on Friday, we are doing it on Wednesday. It will be a potluck lunch, so at least the food will be good.

Grace and I have a standing date to watch Amazing Race 13 on Sundays. We thought we would try an catch the early one so that I don't have to stay up too late. Both Sam and Grace are coming over for supper this week, not sure if Sam wants to watch AM with us or not. I think I will try a recipe from the Nigella cook book. I still have not done laundry from my trip, so that is on tap for today. And I am going to try and do some ironing, time to switch closets around and put the summer stuff away.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Some people where I work dress up for Halloween and I have noticed that it's all exciting in the morning when they come in, but they are wearing these usually uncomfortable clothes, trying to talk on the phone and use the computer and it's not much fun by the end of the day.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Now you are making me even more cranky about the whole thing. Think I will change at work, so I have street clothes to change into in the afternoon.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think the hate of costumes is performance anxiety; because I feel dumb just dressed in a costume without acting the part, and I can't act the part without feeling deeply embarrassed.

Maybe I'll be a crab for Halloween!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think the hate of costumes is performance anxiety; because I feel dumb just dressed in a costume without acting the part, and I can't act the part without feeling deeply embarrassed.

Maybe I'll be a crab for Halloween!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think the hate of costumes is performance anxiety; because I feel dumb just dressed in a costume without acting the part, and I can't act the part without feeling deeply embarrassed.

Maybe I'll be a crab for Halloween!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Allison, you have nailed it. You should start pre-pre-applying for an PHD in psycology.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home