Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I get these TV obsessions. For the longest time all I wanted to watch was house shows, real estate or decorating programs. Now I am dying to watch documentaries. I really like Newsworld, there are good documentaries on there. There is a new CBC documentary channel but we don't get it. Probably have to get a lot of other garbage along with it if we wanted to subscribe. Why can't we choose the channels we want to pay for?
Has anyone seen the documentary "Boogieman: The Lee Atwater Story"? It was really good.
Geoff has been in Edmonton all week. He took the car so he could get it checked out at the Nissan dealer, which he did and it is fine. So I had to drive a truck all week. I felt like I was in a tank.
There was a bit of snow falling this morning but it has all melted.

7 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

I watched that - it was very good - what a creep he was. almost thought he deserved what he got - if anyone ever did deserve a life end so awful. our new rulip bulbs came - there are really a lot so have been digging around finding space for them, but mostly its been sort of cool and wet so not nice gardening weather. Was glad that Barrack won - after all Lee Atwater didn't run his party!
cCains speech was very good, he is a good person I think even if he did not always sound it in the heat of battle. Its good that election is finally over and we get a few months off before they start the next one

10:55 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I get tv obsessions too. If there's a show I really like, I sometimes even read the recaps of what I've just watched online.
Sounds like you've been reading your boss' editorials on cable companies (even though you have satellite)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Satellite is the same. You can pay more for different levels of channels.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Well, I quite agreed with Stu's editorial in the paper. Stupid cable companies!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Isn't that one of the things that Tivo is about? Or maybe that just lets you watch something when you feel like it.

Public library here has excellent documentaries -- lots of good NFB. Also a good distributor called Docurama that I've seen a few of. A good one on Chiapas, one called Southern Comfort (about a transgender man who is with a transgender woman!).

What you need to do, Theresa, is bring your Alberta Library Card when you are here, get stuff from EPL, then return it at home.

9:25 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I do too. If we had home reno shows, that's all we would watch.
Documentaries are my favourite, besides House.
Meerkat Manor is good too, and is basically a documentary.
I will watch for Boogieman.

1:38 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

check your email

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home