Monday, October 20, 2008

I applied

I turned in my "pre-application" to be allowed to apply for the PhD program at the library school on Friday. It was two days late; but nice Joanne in the office said, "We don't get very many of these; I don't think it'll be a problem." I had total anxiety about writing this thing! It was only two pages, and all I had to do was say what I wanted to do, who I wanted to work with, how it built on my academic / work experience so far, and with which department I could partner. But I think I had a big anxiety block.

If I get in, I will do it part time, while still working. And will obviously cut down on other things going on in life currently. But I will still make lots of time to stare off into space.

I bet "mental health" is our most-frequently-used tag.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

By the time you get to actually apply it will be an anti-climax.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Maybe I'll just get a PhD in applying to PhD programs?

2:35 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

this is to all - Stan just called and he's safely home and feeling pretty good but weak of course - a neighbor picked him up and some others have popped in to say hi - I feel better about him now that I know he's got friends close

3:13 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I felt exactly the same way when I applied to VST! Big anxiety block. I think that "Intrepid Aunts" is (or should be?) the second most used tag.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I checked the "mental health" tags. They have all been posted by Lisa and Allison.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home