Sunday, February 03, 2008

I Am Legend In Moving

I just finished moving my clunky (but wonderful) big metal desk into the bedroom. No scratches on floor. I thought it wouldn't fit but figured out a way to make it so. Only 6 weeks after I moved in. In the next 6 weeks, I will put the drawers in the desk.

I had a work dinner on Friday -- I was pretty 'hmph' about it -- who schedules a work meeting dinner on a FRIDAY? But it was actually quite fun. It was the Dean & a couple of professors from one of the health faculties, and we went to the Faculty Club (I had pork; yum), and had a really interesting discussion about how students look for information, and how they use the internet, and how they know sources are good (I like this kind of discussion). And then we talked about some ways the library could give them some collections types of stats that will be useful for them. Although this is a nerdy form of 'outreach,' I felt very good. I think the thing I like best about library work is how you can connect people to things that help them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Your living room must be looking big.

2:31 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Al, did you move that big desk all by yourself? And without scratcjing your floor - you are legend if thatis so.
At least you got a good meal from your Fri nite outing as well as making good suggestions and feeling good about yourself and your job. How is Todd doing?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

He is okay -- he met with his orthopedic surgeon, who says he has improved a lot -- but is worried the infection will keep coming back. He might have to have his big toe amputated. sniff.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home