Sunday, January 13, 2008

Typing With Cat On Lap



So please excuse any typos. It is Natasha's fault.

I got my bedframe today. A woman in my office had this, and they had to get rid of it, because they don't have much room in the basement, and she wants a more compact, comfortable couch. It's so awesome! She gave it to me gratis -- but I am giving her & husband a gift certificate for a restaurant they like. This was made by a cabinet-maker; just look at that workmanship! It's pine.

Todd helped me put it together. After we finished, we realized one of the drawers doesn't fit... I think I screwed the middle brace in just a bit off. But I will not fix it til later this week.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Yay for free stuff!!! The new place is working out well, then?

3:50 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You are getting handier all the time!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get my message about a washer and dryer? (facebooked you at end of Dec) I have an extra set if you are interested. Congrats on the new place.
BettyAnne

10:30 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Your bed frame looks really good - thank goodness for good friends who pass out freebies! If you put the thing together yourself, I vote you as handy or maybe even very handy.
What is going on in the world out there? It's definetly winter here, so am huddled up in the house except for my daily constitutional and am grateful for my spiky add ons so that I don't slip on the ice which is awful.
Only 2 months to our sojurn to the UK - am getting excited but find I'm not very good at planning things for countries I don't know - anyone else doing better?

11:21 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm not doing any better. I thoughtI had done my part by picking up the ticket. I'm sure Anne will be a good guide in the Wales part and if I was you I'd let Lisa and Richard boss me around for the rest.

10:21 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

good thinking there - but can I trust those kids? They may thinks they've done their part by getting tickets!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Eh, just leave it all to the last minute. Who needs planning?! Anyway, you're spending at least part of it in Bangor, so lots of time to settle in and decide what to do next!

So looking forward to your visit. Very exciting.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home