Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stuff

I haven't really been up to that much lately, but felt it was high time for a post. Friday was awards night, so I got all dressed up in a skirt and a stripey shirt and shoes. As usual it was fairly boring, but what can you do. After it was over, I went with some friends to The Kingdom. It was a really good movie I thought. Scott and I got huge slurpees and mixed in energy drinks for the movie just for the heck of it, so I was wide awake when I got home. I chatted with dad for a bit, then he went to bed, so I did social homework until 2:30. I found it funny.

I worked Saturday, and Sunday we had our first hockey game of the season against Innisfail. We lost of course, 13-2, but we thought it was a major accomplishment that we scored two goals. It took us ten games to score one last year. The game was really fun, and I played defence for three quarters of a period. That was my first time on defence and it was really fun, even thought I can't skate backwards well at all. Defence is more about thinking, because you have to read the plays and know when to hold the line and when to stay back. I think I could do it if I had a bit more practice.

School is going pretty well. We got a new French teacher since our first one went on paternity leave ( or MANternity leave as Tim says) . She is fresh out of Quebec and doesn't speak English very well. I mostly don't know what is going on in that class because I am really not good at understanding when people talk in French.

I manage the theatre on Wednesdays now because my boss joined the reserves and has training those days. Last Wednesday he collapsed after their run and was hospitalized, but I guess he is going back because I am managing tomorrow. I am getting really good at threading the movie and it almost always works now. The other day I brought mom and dad upstairs so they could see how it all worked. It really is quite cool. So if anyone is in town on a Wednesday evening, come on by the theatre and I can show you how it works.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

If I'm ever in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, on a Wednesday night, I'll certainly stop by.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Grace, so glad to hear that you wore your skirt, but did you wear tights with it? And did that ensemble include your stripey shoes? You are the third person that I know who has liked The Kingdom, so think I will put that on my list of movies to see. Let me know what you think of Michael Clayton if you see it. Have you got your Emo costume ready yet? Don't they wear black skirts?

5:47 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Hi Everybody its Jimmy-Joe
I drove to Kelowna from Red Deer on Monday via the Crows Nest Pass; some amazing looking country in southern Alberta before you cross over into B.C.foothills, mountains ect.
3 minutes from the Kelowna bridge I had a flat tire so I had to change it there at the side of the highway in the dark,with traffic roaring by, with a flashlight that worked before I left but decided not to when I needed it, poor Jim!
My joyous reunion with Mom was somewhat tempered by the news of Thelma.
I HAVE to be back to work on Monday so unfortunately I cannot attend the service.
Could anyone who goes to the service advise the cousins and thier families that if there was someway I could have been there I would have; and also express my condolences?
Thelma was the matriarch of a very nice family no doubt her influence had a hand in making the "Robins Cousins" the nice people they are.
My goal here was to have Mom's composter dug out but she has some other more pressing projects so probably it will have to wait.
Anyways time to sign off, take care everybody!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Well, actually Auntie Jude, I am getting a little concerned about my costume. Mostly the only thing I have is the shoes. What I really need are skinny jeans. I don't think a black skirt will cut it.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Good to hear from you, Jimmy Joe. I'm glad you are with Mom, this is a sad time. I think Geoff and I will be going to the city for the service. Jude, will call you tonight.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home