Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Purr Machine

It's been a long time since I posted. Magda is sitting on my shoulder, purring in my ear, sometimes cuddling but sometimes biting my chin. I kind of see why the other cats hate her.

Actually, Petra's mellowed out, and will let Magda sit on her back or attempt to wrestle for a full 3-4 seconds before she growls. I need to get a picture of it.

House stuff is progressing. We are looking at people to do contracting, and my job was to research costs of putting in bathroom fans and stove hoods. After phoning 20 HVAC places & leaving messages that weren't returned, I started trying contractors, and after phoning several of those, I found out that an electrician does the job. Except for the finishing which would be a general "reno person." We apparently don't need to upgrade to 100 amp (unless insurance requires it) and can just insert a grounding wire, and then change plugs to those bathroom plugs with the red & black. Geoff and Tim, does this make sense to you? I'm probably not fully explaining it... We don't think we'll get to move in til January, probably.

I'm going to London (Ontario, that is) and Ottawa in October for conferences & get to see friends in both places. Latitude board stuff feels good & like it's taking off. My motivation is back at work and that feels good. I'm still behind on my PhD application. I'm also working with a local library association and we are doing a project with the women's prison library! I'm excited about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Hey Al-
Your wee friend sounds delightful(purrr). Did you get her just to have one that's cuter than Clem? Who by the way has thrown Richard under the bus with Lisa. She only pays attention to me now.
A suggestion re your hood and fans - if you get them from somewhere like Rona, they probably will provide installation for a price - at least they used to. anyway just a thought

6:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, I think Home Depot will too.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home