Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cleaning out my closet

I just went through 2 closets...linen and my side of the closet...and sort of the spare bedroom, but that doesn't really count as it's still pretty messy. Have 2 big bags to donate to SHARE, and am seriously considering giving away my wedding dress. Like, it's been 14 years and it's still in the dry cleaning box, why on earth would I hold onto it? I have the feeling that Richard will want me to keep it. He is much more sentimental than me. But i don't think he'll be wearing it either.
I went to work this morning for 7 am, only to discover I don't start until tomorrow. As it turns out, I happily went home, as i had just gotten off my last set on Monday 7 am. I had a nap, met a friend for coffee, went to Value Village where i got 3 pairs of pants, and 5 shirts for $80. Still, I felt some things were somewhat overpriced for thrift store shopping. $7 for a shirt is too much...even if it is Mexx. I bought stuff anyway. Every so often you'll find a shirt, where the clothing pricer doesn't know it's value brand new.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Isn't it a great feeling to get rid of stuff? Even if you go out and buy new stuff right away.

7:42 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I like doing it and often feel more motivated to do it in the fall, rather than spring. I think because i want to be outside during the spring and in fall figure everything is just dying anyway outside.

8:22 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I don't really feel good getting rid of stuff - living with dad all those years, it makes me feel sort of gulty - like you shud wear those clothes till they fall off your body

8:36 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Wow, you were on a roll. Can you come to my house and get rid of things? I find it hard, because I am always thinking what if I need it.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

If you want to pare down your wardrobe, try moving to another country with a 20kg luggage allowance. I am dying to go shopping but can't quite bring myself to buy stuff in pounds.

I hate getting rid of stuff but have to say posting a freebie ad on Craigslist and watching it all walk out the door was pretty cool.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home