Sunday, April 22, 2007

soooo, please to respond

Hi peeps, have not heard from all involved with houseboat trip, so have taken upon myself to organize meals as follows:

Tuesday Supper: Theresa and Geoff
Wednesday Breakfast: Anne and Will
Wednesday Supper: Judith and Grace
Thursday Breakfast: Tim and Jim and Sam
Thursday Supper: Lisa and Richard
Friday Breakfast: Allison and Laura

There is a bar-b-q on the boat FYI.

Mom is off scot free as she's picking up the tab! (though I would presume that if someone is panicking at cooking a meal for 14, that she'll help) I have not yet booked place to stay on Monday night, but will do so soon, so need to know how many. Is everyone planning on staying in Sicamous the night before? What kind of sleeping arrangements do you prefer? 1 room, 1 bed? 1 room, 2 beds? I am thinking just a motel, not anything fancy at all, is that OK? It would cost $75-110/night.

Please to let me know!! For those who do not respond to messages on blog, you have to stay at the Tel-A-Frend motel in Vernon, on the highway, very luxurious I can tell you. Yes, that's the spelling on the sign.

Jim is renting a karaoke machine for our trip!!! This is the most awesome thing ever!!

In other news, I start my orientation this coming weekend. I have figured out how much I will earn too! Making money for working is exciting, I can tell you. As opposed to paying the university for working during practicums! I should have my temporary license by Monday, I am hoping. So I can now say I am an RN (temp). Once I write my CNA exam in June and get results in August ( passing, I presume), then I am an RN.

I keep having these weird dreams, where I'm on the unit and a) realize at the end of the day that i have not given out any medications all shift. = complete panic. b) the unit is weirdly different and I realize that I have no idea what I'm doing and others around me all seem to have it under control. = complete confusion and feeling of incompetence.

Otherwise all is well, dreams have not been that frequent and I am enjoying having time off. I officially graduated Apr. 18th, after my final evaluation. Which still seems strange to me.

Richard, on his trips to Vernon, saw a sign for free compost. Horse manure. So, he was thrilled and has been happily spreading crap. I did too.

Our tulips have been blooming, I do like this time of year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, Lisa. I sure appreciate you doing all this planning.
The cooking schedule looks good to me. Are the dishes and pots, etc all included in the rental? Dishcloths?
If you are booking rooms could you book three for us - one for Grace and Anne, one for Geoff and I and one for the boys. Anne if you are reading this, your room is taken care of. Sam is not sure he's coming yet.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Awesome! I'm gonna be rockin' the breakfast action. Can't wait to go houseboating...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks, Lisa! Thanks, mom!

And Will - our breakfast will be a thing of beauty.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Grace, what do you think we should cook for supper? As for accomodation, I would be glad to share with someone, Laura, or Allison, or both.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home