Friday, April 13, 2007

Miss American Pie

While I was in Rocky on the weekend, Grace and I made a plan to go to the Calgary Folk Fest, so I looked online to see who has been confirmed and Don Mclean will be there. I cannot wait, he is another person that I thought I would not see in person in my lifetime (the first being Van Morrison). So I am totally excited and now cannot wait for July to come. If anyone else would like to join us, it is the weekend of July 26, and is always a great time.

I have decided not to go to Newfoundland with the rest of the crew. It is a wonderful opportunity, but still feeling as though I want to stay around home. I will not be travelling to Woonsocket any more, and I am pretty happy about that.

Saw my Dr yesterday, so staying off work for another couple of weeks, guess I was not really ready to go back. I did return for two days, but still felt tired, anxious and not able to concentrate. She thinks I need more serotonin(?) so has upped my dosage, just to get over the hump.

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Was glad to hear your news - sorry you're not going to Newfoundland, as I think it will be fun, but if you are still feeling tired and like being at home am sure it is just as well for you (but it's our loss). The Calgary folk fest sounds great - he was one of Dad's favorites too. Am also glad that you don't have to go to RI anymore - expect all that travel didn't contribute to your well being. Expect that the increased dosage of serotonin(?) will help also.
Anyway am looking forward to seeing you at Lisa'd thing and a short visit then as well as the do in July

Love from mom

3:23 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Jude,

yes, I'm sad you won't be in Nfld, but mental health is more important. If i'm off, I'd love to go to the folkfest. Also the Edmonton one.
Serotonin was spelt correctly in both cases.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Ugh, sorry to hear you're still not feeling great - but glad to hear you've got the time to recover.

I would like to go to the Calgary Folk Fest! Don't even care who is playing - just want to get all the Folking in that I can this summer.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home