Sunday, April 08, 2007

Done

I finished my last shift for my practicum at 7 am today. I can hardly believe it. I write an exam on Wed., have 2 days of classes on Wed/Thurs, then that's it!

I can't start at the hospital until after the regional orientation, which will be May 14th, just before we leave for Newfoundland. So, I have more than a month off. well, I can pick up some shifts at work, but don't think I'll be working all that much. Which is fine with me.

I feel excited and like I'm ready to start working as a nurse, but also think there's still a lot I will learn. I sure like being one though.

I was also thinking about starting to figure out arrangements for the houseboat. Mom has kindly offered to pay for the boat (!), so if the rest of us pay for gas, food and insurance? Does this sound reasonable. I was also thinking if we all took a meal(s) and split them up, like 2 for each meal or something? I'll work out a bit of a schedule and post it for feedback. I think if there's 14 of us, we have 8 meals? Or if we have a big b/f and then just supper, then it would be 6 meals, plus snacks. We could each be resposible for picking up groceries for said meal, and I can make sure we have the stuff like salt , foil, blah, blah. Does anyone have any preferance for cooking b/f or supper? Speak now, or I will just assign! Also, people should post what kinds of food they don't like etc. Like me and fish. And Richard and kale.

I am wondering if we should perhaps book a campsite/motel for the night before we leave, what would work for all of you? I can look after this but need to know what others think.

Will post more later, Richard is just finishing up talking with his parents, and then we are going over to Mom's for supper with Mom and Jim.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Yay for being done school! Now you get to work for the rest of your life.
I appreciate you doing all this planning, Lisa. We would be quite happy to cook a couple of meals and we are fine with whatever combinations work. If all or some of us brought buns,sandwich meat, cheese, etc for sandwiches, then whoever wanted lunch could just help themselves (there may a few who won't be up for breakfast).

5:03 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Also a motel the night before would be good.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I second the motion for a motel for the night before.

Also wondering about the trip to the boat, Laura, Al and Anne, were you thinking of driving or flying? If we flew to Kelowna, we could rent a car to where the boat sails from. What do you think? On the other hand if we drove from here, we could share driving duties and expenses. Glad to hear from anyone who wants to comment?

I am also thinking that if we had breakfast and supper scheduled, then go with no official lunch, people can make a sandwich, or eat Junk food.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

If you three rented a car, you could drive out with us. Picnic at Field!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I am okay with driving or flying and will go with the consensus. Cheaper is better, but I'm good either way. Just assign me to a meal - though I'd prefer breakfast please Lisa!

Also - thanks Grandma! And Lisa! I am really looking forward to this trip.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Hmm, a convoy sounds like fun, and probably cheaper than 4 people flying. Al, Laura, what are your votes?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home