Saturday, February 24, 2007

Basketball

I just got home from our second basketball tournament. They were both really fun even though we came in last in both of them. In fact, in both tournaments we played the same team. They were really nice girls though, I talked to them while we were watching another game.

The best part of the two tournaments was last night, in Canmore, our coach just parked the minibus in a general food area because the restaurant he wanted to go to with his family was there. The rest of us decided to go to Boston Pizza, but there was a half- hour wait for a table, so we kept walking along. Some girls went to a Chinese place, and the rest of us kept walking. Then we came to a Dairy Queen, but only the drive through was open, so me and one other girl walked through the drive through! It was amazing. I have always wanted to do that, and now I finally have. We brought our food back to the bus, and froze as we ate it, then we went back for blizzards and got even colder. It was so funny!

In the tournament last weekend in High River, there was a three point competition, and the girl on our team who was supposed to do it was sick, so I got to. The first round I got 8 in a minute, and the other girl got 4, so I advanced. The next round I got 6 and the other girl had ten, so then I was out. It was really fun. I got 3 three pointers during games that weekend too.

I think I will go have a shower and then go to bed now. I have to leave for a hockey game at 8:00 tomorrow morning, and I am just beat now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

oh, the crazy lives of athletes. It's always go, go, go with them!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Grace, I really enjoy your posts.

I remember trying to get the drive-thru to serve me as a walk-thru when I was in high school...they REFUSED. I'm glad that the world is changing.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home