Monday, February 12, 2007

Introducing the Book

My boss sent this around: Introducing the Book

In other news, I have now done 2 shifts as telephone interviewer. While doing this many hours per week is a LOT, the hours go fast, the work itself is not hard at all, and for a person who hates the phone, I kind of like it. And I've hit my "shift targets" both shifts (although they generally do not expect you to do so until after your first week. I'm an achiever!

There are a lot of weirdos in the office...I got asked out for coffee by one of these (named Ernie, by the way!). Did anyone see Art School Confidential? I read the comic, but didn't see the movie....but what I mean to say is that the numbers of different art school "types" that this mocks are actually not specific to art, they are everywhere. I'm at Social Survey Confidential.

Tonight is Emmylou Harris (sniff, Judith out of town...I did sell your ticket, by the way), and tomorrow a Board meeting, and then 5 nights of work. But the good news is that I no longer have insomnia.

9 Comments:

Blogger GEOFF said...

Opening the Book was great. On the same page was March of the Librarians. Did you watch, Al?
Geoff is on his way to Edmonton, but he doesn't have your phone no., due an e-mail malfunction. Maybe if you tried calling him before you go out. 845-8699.
Theresa

4:10 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Okay, will give him a call, and maybe I will have HOMEBREW!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I was part of the March of the Librarians! Though I think we are more of a shuffling profession.

1:57 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hey, was someone going to tell me I'm crazy in comment and then they had second thoughts & removed it?

I had a work recognition breakfast the other day, and we were supposed to write on a heart why we love working for Learning Services. I wrote, "I love doing EI's powerpoint". I froze for a minute before writing it, and someone asked why, and I said "Well, I was going to write something irreverent" and she said, "Oh, go ahead." Then I wrote it & stuck it up. Told someone on the way back to the office I'd done this and she said, "Oh, how rude!" So I was kind of expecting to get a pink slip today...maybe no one read it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

This is Theresa.
Geoff and I pored minutely over the March of the Librarians looking for Al. No luck, although there were a couple of possibilities.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I got the book tech support link from four different sources so far, including the Program Director at work. That is a rapidly-travelling meme! Librarians everywhere should be proud.

1:33 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

What's a meme?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think it's like a concurrent or simultaneous interest or idea that everyone suddenly has at once.

Okay, just looked at Wikipedia & I think that isn't exactly it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home