Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Valedictorian

So, I was nominated for valedictorian today, one of 5. My question is: Do I vote for myself? I don't think I'll win anyway, and feel somewhat apprehensive about doing the speech if I did win. It's nice to be thought of, and nominated, but do I think I'd do the best job anyway? I keep thinking of Sam and wonder if I'd regret not voting for myself.

I have to decide by Friday, so am open to anyone who offers their opinion.

In other news, January is the crabbiest month for me. I would be a lot happier if I was going somewhere warm and tropical. Weep. This is also why I don't think I'd win. I'm too crabby and short tempered.

However, though I still don't have a preceptor for my community mental health...it sounds like it will be a great experience. The manager is setting up a bunch of different types of experiences, pairing with different members of the health care team. It's exciting.

So, I don't really have any reason to be sour, I just am. Not depressed, not anxious, just crabby. Though I detect a slight improvement since Monday, so maybe things are looking up?

7 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Defintally vote for yourself. This is no time for modesty!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Congratulations on being nominated.
You should vote for yourself if you think you could sincerely say that there is nothing any of you can't do because the world is waiting out there for you.
And look what happened to Sam. He did the right thing and voted for Sarah. Sarah voted for Sarah and Sarah won by one vote. So only vote for yourself if you want to do it.

7:43 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Vote for Bush

4:47 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Like I ever would. You are a rabble rouser Geoff!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I'd say Dad roused a rabble of kids anyway.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sam F said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

Technically you shouldn't vote for yourself. Realistically, why not?
I decided after that I should have voted for the third canidate (who has a pretty colourless personality) and not for myself or Sarah. Since that is pretty much a wasted vote, then I wouldn't have felt bad about losing or voting for myself! I also thought I should have bullied a few more friends into voting, since a lot didn't care enough or assumed I'd win.
I don't think I could have talked about how "the future is yours" or any other form of that cliched nonsense, though. It's far more likely I would have thrown that idea in the bin and written a more entertaining and truthful message.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home