Saturday, April 16, 2016

Second spring

First spring in BC was really nice. So much lovely blooming. But spring seems to have arrived here at home and it is amazing because it is so unusually warm. Trees are budding out, daffodils blooming. Normally this happens in May and lasts for 48 hours before we either get a snowstorm or summer starts. Thank you, El NiƱo.
We did have a nice holiday (although you could say our whole life is a holiday). Dick and Jo are doing well, it was good to see them. We enjoyed Harrison Hot Springs. We spent quite a bit of time on the Saturday sitting out by the pools. And the whole visit with Will was good. And of course our time in Kelowna visiting with L and R and Mom.
Sure good to get back to the booboos though. We have not seen so much of Kane because his dad is now working in town and Kane is there quite a bit. He did call me yesterday so we chatted on the phone. When Tim and Courtney go to the UK in May we will get to be together lots. Like all day every day.
Went to Red Deer this week for another CT scan on Geoff's shoulder. We still have no idea of the timeline for this surgery. We are just hoping it's not the fall since we booked a flight to the UK in October. The Red Deer hospital's operating rooms were flooded a few weeks ago and all surgery there has been delayed so it may even be next year. But then why the scan? Don't like being in the dark.
I am making good progress on clearing out the sewing room. Not the sewing room any more, but my room where I can have my own space all to myself.
I am tempted to plant some of the garden. I guess if it suddenly got cold again I could just replant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home