Sunday, September 08, 2013

Eaves troughing

Richard cleaned eaves here and at Jones the past 2 weeks, and I painted and cut grass. We're productive.

I should be more productive with school though. I am doing this directed study and haven't met with the prof yet, so have been pretending that I don't have to do anything. What if I do some stuff and it's wrong?
I did find a good looking book on ethics of mental health research, which I think will come in handy.

Squirrels have been busy gathering nuts in our walnut tree. I suspect they will have gotten most of them before we do. I know they're rodents, but I sure do like watching them race around.
Cats are chasing each other around house right now.

I am teaching a family info course on mental illness through BCSS this fall. I will likely regret taking this on. But someone needs to do it.

I have had low level anxiety this weekend-not really sure why? Seems centered around work, though all went well this week, except for realising that a protocol we have started to roll out needed some changes-agghh. This kind of stuff is so painful-committee develops-which actually is the easy part-and then it has to pass through all these other committees. Who may have their own ideas.
Plus co-worker situation seems to be getting a little more intense. I've been (I think) clearly delineating my role more, but that means co-worker has to do more stuff, which she has not been  unpleasant about,  but it seems to be showing in her stress level. I know this is not my problem, but I feel like a nag. Richard would likely have a comment about this, if he were here right now.
I did get IV certified though, which was on my learning plan fore the year! We don't get many people who need them, but is good to have someone around who is able to start them. Co-worker is also supposed to be doing this, but has made no effort to do so. This is not my battle to fight though. Up to manager.
But in 2 weeks I will be away for 2 weeks! I am looking forward to this. I found some things that look like they would be good to do. My stuff is done on Wed early afternoon, and I go to Ontario on the Friday and should get to St Catharines at about the same time Richard does. So will be able to look around Chicago in the evenings and for a couple days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Mom said you practiced iving on her.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Grace wanted to practice on us but no one would let her.

4:20 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes! Mom let me poke her 4 times and offered even more!
Richard let me poke him 2 times, but Mom was braver.
Grace can practice on me-I don't mind. though I suspect she is certified now.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I have noticed that when we are going away I suddenly want to get things done around here that I have have been putting off.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think traveling makes many people anxious. One of the reasons that I (used to) do all the packing at the last minute was to deflect the anxiety of travel with the anxiety of maybe not being ready to go.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool blog. Keep on posting.
Good luck for the next!
Just visit my webpage
Cheap Youtube Likes

11:36 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Thanks Asha De Silva for your relevant and timely comment

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home