Wednesday, September 04, 2013

recovering, new windows, finished sweater

I am finally feeling more my self after my surgery, it has only been two weeks but feels a lot longer.  Soon I might make it through the day without a snooze.

We got new windows for the front and they look fabulous.  They sure brighten up the house and they open so we can get some fresh air.  Lots of the neighbours went for a walk last night past our house, one even took a picture.  We are currently deciding on what coverings will work there.  It is like a wall of windows, sure is interesting to watch the people take out the old ones and put in the new ones, they make it look easy, but I am sure it is not.



I finished Henry's sweater and I am very happy about it.  It fits him perfectly, (happy face).  Both he and Ally have given their notice at work and will be leaving for Europe in a couple of weeks. Sure hope they have a great time.  I also finished the blanket for Grady, not as happy with the yarn but turned out alright.

Looking forward to our trip out west, Wilf's boss is away for 2 weeks so he will be working lots in the next few weeks therefore will be very ready for our holidays.  The weather is great here right now so I am looking forward to some time with sun. 

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

It will be so nice to sit there and watch the world go by.

Both sweater and blanket are gorgeous!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I love your new windows and your knitting projects.

2:50 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Likewise-all looks great!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

thank you

8:07 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Are you going to get all the way to Tofino?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

yes, that is the plan, we will get to see William's new place if all goes to plan.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

He has a guest bedroom.

Love your windows.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home