Sunday, August 25, 2013

I have vowed to exercise again, so am making it public to shame me into it!
Please feel free to hold me accountable. I do feel better when I do it, so just have to remember that when I get home from work and want to sit on couch.

we went to drive in last night-saw Pacific rim and we're the Millers. Both were fine as drive in movies. I managed to get us stuck though as I did not listen to Richard as we were leaving and did not back out. Tow truck came quickly though and off we went after he pushed us off the bump.

I did not get job in quality assurance-but manager suggested I apply for parttime position upcoming. I asked if I was qualified given that I didn't get interview even, but he said my skills, abilities and qualifications would definitely fit with the position. I think perhaps there must have been someone uber qualified? Anyway, I don't want parttime (tempting as that would be). And I do really like my job. Will just keep my eyes out and see what transpires. I have been fairly straightforward with co-worker who is irritating me and this seems to help. I am waiting for her to ask me if she should retire, I have internally practiced saying, 'yes!' She alludes to it, but has not asked straightforwardly. I am determined not to reassure when she alludes however. Last time she said, 'When I retire, I'd like to live in Hawaii' I said, 'I'd like to live in Hawaii now'

What else is new? Had Leanne and her daughters over for supper-last time she was in town, we met up. She's living in Duncan now and working as a nurse.

Booked flights to Ontario-week before Thanksgiving. Is always a good time to go there-usually nice weather and trees will be in full colour.

Will be teaching a course through BC Schizophrenia Society this fall too. 10 weeks on Tuesday nights. Co-facilitator is very great-so that'll be good. I said if I was doing this, I didn't think I could make it to board meetings too-there is only so much volunteering I can do.

Have to start final course soon. Ack. I feel panicky about doing thesis. One step at a time. Getting stronger every day.



5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I made a spreadsheet for you to hold you accountable and you never filled it out.

4:32 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I do my own thing.

I got accepted to do RN exam review!!

Chicago!!!

Lisa posting as Mom

5:54 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Chicago is so great. Lucky you. No, I mean capable you, or you wouldn't be going.

8:16 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I actually feel very lucky! I got so excited I sent my boss who is on vacation an email asking if it works for me to go. On her home email. In retrospect likely should not have done this. Just felt so pleased!
I looked up the building where the NCLEX offices are, and I think it is right downtown? At least it seemed so to me?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

That is fantastic news, you will really like Chicago.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home